Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Social Media Dilemma

A group of current colleagues have started sending invitations for Linked In. I accept, because I like these people and this is social media. However, I was concerned about giving work connections access to my blog posts and personal thoughts. There are things that I learn during a work day that contribute to my blog material. Now the challenge is to use the thoughts and energy without insulting my employer or coworkers, every business does crazy stuff from time to time. Truthfully, I like where I work and what I do. Nothing is going on at this company that hasn't happened before at other companies where I have worked. We all apply our personal knowledge and sensibilities to the things we do and strive to control the environment to match these expectations. The level of militance we apply to changing the environment depends on the strength of those sensibilities. The company isn't the target, it is the springboard of thought and action. We'll see how I do in getting the points across with the clear understanding that what I blog represents the opinions of the author and not her day job or employer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.