Thursday, April 28, 2011

What Speaks to You?

I'm sitting in a hotel at 4:30am, my left knee hurts enough that I can't sleep. There is a Chris Rock movie on TV. As I knit a baby sweater for a co worker, I start wondering what I'm doing. Work is thankless because it is believed that the pay is the reward. The better the "reward" the more they want us to give up. The most driven of us are easily consumed, looking for more of a reward than money. It isn't really part of the package. The employee engagement survey isn't about how the employee feels for the sake of the employee; it is for the benefit of the business. Wow, early morning thinking can be a little dismal. This leads me to thinking about who I admire or quote the most. It turns out I'm inspired by humor. I quote Dennis Miller, Ron White, Bobby Collins, Gabriel Iglesias and the rest of those talented folks that make me laugh out loud. Now, how do I leverage this to do something rewarding? Have you sorted out what you really enjoy and admire and how are you using it?
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. The questions you pose at the end of your post are ones I had not considered previously... thank you for helping me live my life more consciously and thoughtfully.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.