Monday, November 8, 2010

Free Roaming

No this isn't a cell phone offer. I wonder why people think it is better to let the chicken forage for food than it is to feed the silly thing nutrition you can appreciate when they produce an egg. The brain cavity of your average chicken is pretty small and there is a good chance they would eat dirt out of convenience. Look around you at work. Can you allow the group to run free or will you have some eating dirt and other junk? The analogies are endless. I explained to a receiving team today about the electronic bunny at the dog track and how they put this trick bunny on a rail and get the dogs to chase it. Then I described that my day at work was like the dogs. The company puts out a bunny and says chase it, then I chase until I get tired and the bunny disappears into a wall. This is a mere derivation of the moving target we have discussed before. The real fun is in the idea that they now have you running in circles chasing the same objective every time. I like it better when it is a free roaming target and I get to reload from time to time. If you are wondering what the point of this post might possibly be, explain to me the purpose of 10 conference calls in one day. If you can make that make sense, I'll connect the dots on this post for you.

1 comment:

  1. Anyone who NEEDS you to connect the dots on this post is in deep trouble in the world of business. Well stated and you made me laugh in the process, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.