Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chairs in the Driveways

There will always be things we just don't understand. I grew up in a neighborhood of backyards. We played, grilled, swam and relaxed in our backyards. It wasn't a fancy neighborhood of new houses, the front yards were small and the driveways were an afterthought next to 90 plus year old homes. Naturally, I find the habit of putting folding chairs in the driveway and watching the fronts of other people's houses very odd. As I write this, the purpose is starting to come to me. They actually want to see each other. Wierd. I am also wondering about the stickers in the back windows of mini-vans. The Mom, Dad, boy, girl, baby, dog, cheerleader, football player, soccer kid stickers. When I first saw them, I thought maybe they were an attempt to identify the body count if there was a crash. It's apparent that I haven't figured this one out yet. Any thoughts? There are times in management when we run into the chairs in the driveways or the stickers on the window. The difference between speculating about the quirks of the subdivision and our staff is the ability to just ask. Quit wondering about those chairs and start asking. After all, you have better things to think about than the quirks.

1 comment:

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.