Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Intern Plan aka Marketing People Stuff

I asked the other day what to do with the interns. The discussion went into the mechanics of day-to-day intern life. Tomorrow, the first four come in to get their offers. I am going to ask them about our company brand. Did they think about the company before they saw the intern posting? Why? What got their attention? Was it positive or negative? What companies were they thinking about joining? Why? What would make our company more interesting to more students? I need more subjects for this study. I need some regular management candidates and some mid-career professionals from other companies. They could really give me a clue on how people see our company as a potential employer. Every company wants to be the place to work. Having the best and brightest line up at their door, but the biggest companies in the world are not the most popular. What makes the popular company appeal to the right people? Okay, now we are back to undergrad Marketing class. I'll see if the interns can give us some insight and I'll let you know the results of the first focus group.

1 comment:

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.