Thursday, May 5, 2011

Momma's Always Right

Ghost Writer tips her hat to Momma while Marti checks out the billboards.
 
    Much like the author of "Everything I need to know I learned in Kindegarten", I am forever impressed with how many things my mother taught me that apply to the world of business and leading a good life. 
    On organization:  "Put it back where you got it, and you'd know where to find it."
    On time:  "Set your alarm.  Don't be late."
    On courtesy:  "Say please and thank you."
    On self-care:  "Get to bed on time.  You have an early day tomorrow."
    On attendance:  "If you're not throwing up or have a fever, get your butt to school."
    On work ethic:  "They're paying you.  Now get to work!"
    There are probably several more -- I'm forever quoting Momma at work.  Here's to my Momma and all the mothers that provide us sage HR Leader advice without knowing it.  Happy Mother's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.