Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The burnt out bulb

Well, today I had two appointments for networking. The first one was great. I really felt like I was able to help a local entrepreneur understand how to market her products to HR professionals. That was the good. The bad was a business friend that keeps cancelling lunch and cancelled again at almost 11 pm last night for today. It was going to be nice to catch up and get a refresher on new Organizational Development practices. I don't blame her; work waits for no woman. Then I came home after filling that lunch meeting by finding great bargains on new blouses and the light in my office flashed and died. Upon further inspection, I found that it and I have something in common. We are underutilized. The fixture had only one bulb, when it takes two, and the bulb was incandescent. At least my fixture is now optimized with two money saving compact flourescent bulbs. Time to go find ways to optimize me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.