Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Where have you been?

Well, it turns out that a week of corporate interrment camp, no matter how valuable, keeps a blogger from providing info to her faithful readers. It was a great meeting and learning experience, however, the long days prevent anything except sleeping and managing the work you can't do because of the meetings. At least, I have a lot of good and quirky colleagues that make it feel more like I fit. Once I returned from "camp", I had one afternoon to finish processing paperwork to get 3 people hired/promoted and to get one processed for his start date in a system I've never used. Of course, I ended up working until almost 8pm. The next morning, we packed up and headed for vacation. I'm out in the scenic woods of Northern Michigan overlooking lake Bellaire. My first round of 18 (golf) in nearly a decade was harder than expected. Thank God for the Jacuzzi tub at the condo. Another 18 awaits on Wednesday. There is still the matter of the series on loyalty. It will wrap up this week. If you have never been, I highly recommend the Traverse City, Leelanau and Old Mission Peninsula's and Bellaire for booze, water, and light gardening a.k.a. golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.