Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How Do You Want to Go Out?

I don't know about you, but I prefer to choose my exit. Deciding when to leave an event, determining the right time to sever a relationship, choosing when to take on my next role, and picking the point to leave an argument. The more I practice, the better I get at making my own choice instead of letting life act against me. There is much to be said for prevailing over the circumstances in front of you and then deciding to walk away from it, because you can. Too many people live life believing that things happen to them and they don't believe in their ability to impact their environment. The other day, I ran across a quote in one of my journals. "Life is finite. The end is coming no matter what. The question is, how do you want to go out? On your feet, or on you knees?" When my time comes, whether I crawl there or saunter up, I will be under my own power and I definitely won't be on my knees. Remember to respect your own dignity and it will be easier to respect the dignity of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.