Monday, February 7, 2011

The Snake Eating It's Tail

Today things weren't going my way. I'm not the most political creature. I sometimes fail to play the bigger game in lieu of working with the team in front of me. It could make me the best executive for the right company, but thus far it makes me over qualified middle management. How often does someone have to check in before they get the latitude to make a decision and go straight to the resources? The answer might be forever. It isn't relevant. It is like the snake eating it's tail. No matter how long you wish for something different or rail against your lack of control, there is a point where you run out of tail and can't finish the meal. Welcome to the impasse where your wishes run into your limitations. I guess it is time to try to figure out how to see the small box as a vast expanse of potential or at least a means to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.