Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Winter Blahs

The indescribable absence of interest in the stuff I normally dig into. It is the most uncomfortable feeling, when your head isn't in the game. I can power through a lot, but I fear what happens when my edge has the same consistency as Twinkie. The cream filling is nice, however, not a lot moves forward propelled by sponge cake. Oddly, things I normally avoid have become the height of interest. I painted sets of Christmas ornaments to give as gifts for Christmas. I baked chocolate cupcakes at 9:30 at night, so I could have my special low calorie treat. I'm looking for the magic bullet to drag me out of these duldrums. I made fingerless mittens and made my own flap pattern to cover the fingers. I made a matching head band ear warmer. Maybe the general feeling of futility isn't about a smooshy feeling in my head. It might be related to actual w-o-r-k, as opposed to fun stuff. I can't even find any more pithy reparte' to complete this blog. Please don't waste time on any psychological assessments. This is not SAD or some depression thing. It's just life and time to find some more variety to keep it spicy. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you found a way to make flaps to cover the fingers on the mittens. Maybe you could send me the pattern? I would like to try it.

    I'm keeping tight reign on my tongue as the parade of "knuckleheads" has begun. These are the people who think that because I can do taxes, I should help them file a questionable (read: fraudulent) tax return and not insist on the truth of the matter. Oy! Those are the days I look forward to getting out of the office so I can knit!

    I saw something recently that said, "I knit so I won't kill people" after idiot parades at the office, I just want to go home, knit and have some quiet.

    Good luck finding the variety in life you need currently. I found another bit of variety, not too long ago, when a friend taught me to spin on a drop spindle.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.