Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lack of Balance

There is no replacement for the things that bring us balance. The expectation to meet the excessive pace of business today places significant demands on our time and our mental stability. The ease with which we give up fitness, hobbies, reasonable bedtimes and time with the people we love to please the people that pay the bills is frightening. I disappeared from my blog to manage a major rollout and a communication/training initiative. We lost our best buddy and first dog together, Demon, but I was at a corporate meeting during his last days. I came home in time to drive from the airport to the vet to have him put to sleep. That sucked. My music, vocal and instrumental hasn't happened and finding new groups hasn't happened. My diet has managed to stay intact and I'm down 39 pounds, but no energy for the exercise bike or the punching dummy. Managed to get some daffodils planted and to start some seedlings. My wonderful husband feeds the pets, contracts a group to build my garden beds, keeps the house and the bills. Otherwise, I might be another foreclosure statistic due to lack of energy to send out payments. My sleep is erratic and I am tired most of the time. Today, I decided to end this. It is time to get back to HR association functions, hobbies, groups, friends and the things that are truly important. The toughest part will be getting enough sleep. I never got past the little kid thing where I will stay awake well past effectiveness and insist on one more puzzle, TV show, or knitting stitch. I have fallen asleep midstitch. If you are a hopeless workaholic, obsessive boss pleaser, or basic masochist, cut it out and do somthing fun. Today, we visited the sculpture garden and conservatory where they have a live butterfly exhibit. In 40 degree weather in Michigan, you can actually go to a tropical oasis and spend hours with swarms of butterflies. Find something pretty, thrilling, or enthralling and do it. I owe ghost writer a pair of slippers, so this will be welcome news to my periodic contributor. Watch for regular posts. My commitment to this group of friends that have been neglected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.