Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Awareness is Oddly Inactive

I came across this realization tonight while talking with my husband. He had lunch with the owner of his company. They discussed the gaps in execution among the job groups and he said that the boss is aware of the situation. I asked him if this would translate into any sort of action. He wasn't optimistic. It reminded me of something my sister's friend from Quilt Bee told her. She had argued with her husband. He said, "I'm sorry I'm an ass". She said, "Saying you're an ass makes you self-aware, it doesn't make you less of an ass". All we really want is for people to take action on what they know. The amazing simplicity of this concept is mind boggling. We make people aware of things all the time, but what action did we plan against it? My favorite process is to chase the awareness until the owner takes action to gain relief from me. If you are in control of the awareness and the action, make it go! All of us will appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.