Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day - Gifts from another Generation

Everyone is talking about it in the blogs and on the social sites. My Dad is a good guy and worked really hard to take care of us and our Mom. He expected the truth, told the truth, and taught us to look for the truth. He even taught us that truth is subjective and requires more than our internal compass to be divined. I don't think Dad set out to be sage or impart any great wisdom. He emphasized practicality and a friendly respect for others, no matter what they looked like or where they lived. The more I think about Dad, the more I see the beauty of what I learned from him. I also become more disappointed in my failure to better conform to it. I see greater benefit in a simpler approach and the protection it provides. Happy Father's Day to the Dad's out there and to the memories of Dad's that make their children better.

1 comment:

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.