Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Slow Down

A few years ago as a new hire, I came into training like gang busters. The pace was too slow, and my approach was strong. I took over my schedule and moved into my role. It is interesting to see folks muscle a process that is already accelerated. They strong arms systems, dig for answers ahead of agenda because they want it now, and expect to control by brute force. This time I am analyzing the process, identifying the players and roles, and determining when to seek the pieces to the puzzle. It is a strategy game, not a foot race. The deadlines are set, but a little time with the stakeholders at implementation builds a better base. Happy learning!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.