Monday, June 21, 2010

Texting Encouraged

Last week I enjoyed a great surprise. My first week at a new job that involved valuable high level information and time to get to know new colleagues. Having been in high volume, viciously cost conscious retail jobs, I really wasn't sure what would be allowed. Amazingly, we received our consumer electronics alotment during our visit, as well. One of my colleagues sent me a text and my stomach tightened. I was sure that there would be some prohibition on spending money to text. Once again, I was totally surprised. The boss encourages texting. Cool. Now, I can keep up with my HR colleagues and send quick warnings to the operators when the execs show up. By the end of the week, I connected with a member of the talent acquisition team that uses Linked In and Twitter to develop our employment brand. It means a lot to work for a company that allows more freedom in media and expression. Professionalism is expected and you get a lot more ways to demonstrate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.