Saturday, June 12, 2010

Giving Your Best Effort

Yesterday was my last day at the super busy mega retail job. Like most companies, I was set to be released my first work day after I gave notice. In the end, I asked to stay to make sure everything was right. There is a big difference between a regular work week and making your last impression on a business. I ended up staying over a 1/2 hour to get something set for next week. I was already locked out of the systems, but I got lucky and one of the assistants up the food chain was there. I'm excited about the new job that starts Monday with a nicely structured orientation. However, this is the first time that I miss my coworkers. Working with great people means a lot, but I slowly unravel without challenge and that job was teed up for mental atrophy. The new adventure begins tomorrow with the flight to corp for training. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
People Platform HR by Marti Nelson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.